Join 92.5 the River Saturday, October 6th for the 2nd Annual Salem Chowderfest on Pickering Wharf in Salem, MA. Chowderfest festivities will be held under a large 30’ x 20’ tent outside on beautiful Pickering Wharf by the Salem Waterfront Hotel and Marina. Proceeds benefit the Avon Foundation
92.5 The River along with Salem Waterfront Hotel and Marina will help promote breast cancer awareness and education during this Chowderfest on Saturday, October 6th from 11am - 2pm. Chowderfest attendees will have the opportunity to listen to some great live music featuring McAlister Drive, M.B Padfield and Skinny Clevland. Stop by and sample some of the best chowder on the North Shore!
Participants of Chowderfest include: Salem Waterfront Hotel, Finz, The Hungry Whale and Victoria Station. Even 92.5 The River (yes the River too!) will showcase and sample its very own chowder recipe! There will also be a Budlight Beer Garden on the patio at Salem Waterfront Hotel overlooking the concert and Chowderfest.
Attendees will sample chowder by purchasing a five dollar “sample spoon” with proceeds going to the Avon Foundation which raises breast cancer awareness and education.
About McAlister Drive (11am-12:30pm)
About M.B Padfield (12:40pm-1:10pm)
About Skinny Clevland (1:20pm-2:00pm)
Directions from Points North & South:
- Take Interstate 95 to exit 45 (Route 128 North - Gloucester).
- Take Exit 26, Lowell Street East (Peabody and Salem).
- Proceed 2.6 miles through Peabody Center past Bridge Street (Route 107 North)
- Turn left onto Essex Street and travel through two sets of lights to Washington Street.
- Turn right on Washington Street.
- Turn left at lights onto New Derby Street (Route 1A North).
- Continue to follow New Derby Street.
- The Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites will be on the right on the corner of Congress and Derby streets.
Directions to the Hotel and Pickering Wharf by Train & Bus:
Train service is available on the Newburyport/Rockport Commuter Rail Line from Boston's North Station. At the Salem Depot, exit up the stairs. Walk down Washington Street and then left onto New Derby Street. At the Salem Fire Station, New Derby becomes Derby Street. Walk 1.5 blocks and you'll see Pickering Wharf's shops. It is a ten-minute walk from the Salem Depot. Bus service is available on bus #450 or #455 from Boston's Haymarket Square. For train and bus information, contact the MBTA for more information at (800) 392-6100 or www.mbta.com. It takes approximately 30 minutes to travel between Salem and Boston by train, and one hour by bus.
Directions to The Hotel and Pickering Wharf by Water:
- From the Red 16 marker in Salem Sound, take a course heading of 217 degrees True or 233 degrees magnetic putting you inline with Red 2 Day Marker in the center of Salem Harbor.
- After passing Red 2 Day Marker to starboard, come West and head 273 degrees True, 289 degrees magnetic toward the Red 4 flashing bouy.
- Passing the Red 4 flasher to starboard, you will be able to identify a small white lighthouse with the black top visible at the end of Derby Wharf. Keeping the lighthouse off to the starboard and the Green 5 Marker to port, head straight down the channel towards the S/V "Friendship" and just off your port bow you will see the entrance to Pickering Wharf Marina.