Art Goes Green - Riverfest - LowellJun 12, 2010 11:00am - 5:00pm
Lowell RiverFest 2010
Saturday, June 12
(Raindate June 13) Noon - 5:00 PM
Come to the Concord River Greenway in historic downtown Lowell for a day of education, art, music and fun! Spend the day with your family enjoying fun activities and learning about Lowell’s long relationship with its rivers and canals. Take a boat ride or a ranger guided nature tour, listen to live music provided by The River 92.5 FM, participate in recycled art-making activities and more! The Concord River Greenway is located just off of 30 East Merrimack Street.
Live music from The River 92.5 FM – Featuring River Rising Stars and family entertainers, join the fun and meet The River’s street team and DJ Irene Collins.
- Josh Beetler - 11:00 AM
- Ribbon Cutting - 12:00 Noon
- Rick Goldin - 12:30 PM
- Amy Black & The Red Clay Rascals - 1:30 PM
- Evan Goodrow Band - 2:45 PM
- Leo Blais - 4:00 PM
- Explore the Concord River Greenway – Enjoy the newly finished recreational space and newly installed public art. Official ribbon cutting at noon!
- Art Work for the Whole Family – Join Lowell Parks & Conservation Trust in creating some wearable art with a nature theme! Bring a t-shirt for nature painting.
- Recycled Fashion Show – Browse fashions created at the Revolving Museum using unconventional materials.
- Face Painting – For the kid in all of us!
- Live Animal Presentation – Learn more about the animals that call the river home in presentations by MassAudubon.
- Recycled Art Bazaar and Activities – Explore the intriguing items local artists create from found objects and learn how to make some of your own.
- Green Art Activities – With the American Textile History Museum.
- River Clean Up Tables – Talk to the Lowell Canalwaters Cleaners about how you can help make our waters safer for animals and people across the region.
- Canal Boat Tours – Get up close and personal with some of Lowell’s canals in a guided boat tour led by the Lowell National Historical Park. Tours will begin on the hour and space is limited.
- Wine Tasting – Located at Tutto Bene. 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Josh Beetler - 11a Rick Goldin - 12:30p Amy Black & The Red Clay Rascals - 1:30p
Evan Goodrow Band - 2:45p Leo Blais - 4p
Part of the Discover Lowell event series. For details visit http://www.cultureiscool.org/discover-lowell